Air France baggage allowance 2013
How many bags can I take with me on board on Air France flight? How many pieces of luggage can I check in? If this is the kind of questions you're pondering over, then read on.
Let's start off with cabin baggage.
Air France – Hand baggage
When flying with Air France with in Voyageur/Economy class you permitted to take on board 1 piece of hand-baggage which can't exceed the size of 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm (l+w+h). These numbers include, handles pockets and wheels.
This is not all. You are also permitted to carry with you 1 personal item. A handbag, notebook or camera are examples of such an item. Remember that the total weight of hand baggage (12 kg) includes also your personal item.
Air France – Checked baggage
When it comes to checked baggage, we can simplify the whole thing and say that there are by and large two possibilities:
- On shorter flights you may either buy a mini price ticket and pay for your baggage (€15 online/€30 at the airport) or classic price and have your baggage included in the ticket price. The above applies to flights withing France and Europe and between Europe and North-Africa/Israel. The allowance is 1 piece of luggage weighing 23 kg.
- On long-distance flight you are mostly entitled to one piece of baggage (maximum 23 kg) which is included in the ticket price. It applies to the routes:
- Europe – USA/canada
- Europe – the Middle-East, Asia
- Europe – Africa
- USA/Canada – Asia
- Europe – Mexico/South America
There are some exceptions though. On certain routes the allowance is more generous – 2 bags. If you fly on one of the following routes (see below), find details on the website of Air France.
- from/to Europe or USA/Canada from/to some African airports such as Bamako, Dakar or Luanda.
- Europe to Quito/Guayaquil
- flights from Brazil
- from/to Antananarivo, Dzaoudzi, Moroni and Noumea.
Slawomir Budziak, Mar 6, 2013
Do you like WhichAirline?